Thank you for visiting SuperFanClub.com (“Our Site”) – a site owned by Turner Broadcasting System Europe Limited. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits Our Site and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described in this Policy, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
Please read this Policy carefully and ensure that you understand it.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- “Account” means an account required to be a member of SuperFan Club and access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;
- “personal data” means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the UK Data Protection Act 2018 (“DPA 2018”); and
- “Turner/We/Us/Our” means Turner Broadcasting System Europe Limited, a limited company registered in England under company number 01927955, of 16 Great Marlborough Street, London, W1F 7HS.
- Who is responsible for your information
Turner Broadcasting System Europe Limited is the data controller with relation to the any information collected by and through your interaction with Our Site.
- Our data processor
SuperFanClub.com and SuperFan Club are managed on Turner’s behalf by Tribes Research Limited (“Tribes”). Tribes is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 08385662, whose registered address is The White House, 2 Meadrow, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 3HN, and whose main trading address is Surrey Technology Centre, Surrey Research Park, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7YG. Tribes acts as Turner’s data processor with relation information collected by and through your interaction with Our Site.
- What Does This Policy Cover?
This Policy applies only to your use of Our Site and your Account. Our Site may contain links to other websites. Please note that We have no control over how your data is collected, stored, or used by other websites and We advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
- What Data Do We Collect?
Depending upon your use of Our Site and your Account status, We will collect some personal data relating to you and your children, including the following:
- Log-in details such as username and password;
- Name and surname;
- date of birth;
- household composition;
- email address;
- name & date of birth of children in your household;
- household income ( in ranges);
- Employment status;
- web browser type and version;
- operating system;
- your and your children’s replies to Our surveys.
If you are under 16 and try to set up an Account, we will ask for your parent’s name and email address to ask them to set up an Account under their name and email address to enable you to participate in activities on Our Site.
We do not knowingly collect names and email addresses of anyone under sixteen to set up an Account.
- How Do We Use Your Data?
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, Specifically, We use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
- Communicating with you about your Account (including its security), your access or usage of Our Site (including when we update Our terms and policies), or your participation in Our surveys;
- Allowing you to enter our competitions, administer the competition, notify you if you have won, verify your eligibility requirements, as applicable, deliver the prize and respond to any query you may have around the competition;
- Run surveys and analysing the replies for market research;
- Managing and administering our incentives to complete Our surveys, including promotions, competitions and the delivery of prizes or awards.
6.2 Where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties’, legitimate interests:
- Analysing your use of Our Site and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience;
- managing the delivery of advertising, including the number of times the same advertisement is served and viewed;
- providing technical support (including testing, quality assurance, troubleshooting and security) for Our Site;
- Personalising and tailoring the r user experience on Our Site based on favourite programme and favourite character;
- protecting the safety of our users.
6.3 Where you give us consent:
- Supplying you with marketing emails that you have opted into;
- if you are under sixteen and try to open an Account, we will make reasonable efforts to obtain your parents’ permission. We do not knowingly collect Information from anyone under sixteen without giving parents the option to consent to their child’s personal details being included in the applicable database. During the period when parental consent is being requested, the Information provided will be held on a temporary basis. If we do not receive your parent’s consent we will delete the information provided by you as specified in Section 7 below. For purposes of this Policy, any reference to “parent” shall include legal guardian.
6.4 Where required by law, including:
- in response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation;
- complying with our legal obligations.
- How long do we keep your personal data?
We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following bases):
- A subscribed and active member of the community – data will be kept for the duration of their Account
- An unsubscribed member – up to 6 months from the date of unsubscribing;
- A subscribed and inactive member – up to 6 months from the date of being deemed inactive (that is a member that has not been active in the last 6 months);
- A blacklisted member – up to 6 months from the date of blacklisting;
- An unconfirmed member – up to 3 months from the creation date (date registration survey completed);
- An incomplete registration survey – up to 3 months from starting the registration survey;
- An unqualified registrant for membership – up to 3 months from starting the registration survey;
- All ‘pre-registration’ data – up to 1 month from starting the pre-registration survey.
- How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 7, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
Your data will only be stored within the UK and European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein).
Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
- Do We Share Your Data?
In certain circumstances, We may be required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal obligations, a court order, or a governmental authority.
- What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
- Your Rights
You have a number of rights in relation to your Personal data. Information about each of these rights is set out below.
- Right of access
You have the right to access the personal data We process about you. This includes, the categories of personal data, recipients of personal data and a copy of the personal data undergoing processing.
- Right to rectification
You have the right to correct inaccurate personal data relating to you which We process.
- Right to erasure
In certain circumstances you have the right to obtain from Us the erasure of personal data concerning you. For instance, you have this right if the personal data is no longer necessary to achieve the purposes as defined in this policy, or if your personal data has been unlawfully processed by Us.
- Right to restriction of processing
In certain circumstances, you may obtain from Us the restriction of processing of your Personal data. When your processing is restricted, We will only, except from storage, only process the personal data with your consent, or to establish or defend a legal claim, or to protect another natural or legal person’s legal rights. The right of restriction of processing is applicable, inter alia, where you dispute the correctness of your Personal data, or if our processing is unlawful and you do not wish erasure of the personal data.
- Right to data portability
The right to data portability means you may obtain your personal data you provide to Us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may also transmit that personal data to another entity without hindrance from Us. Where technically feasible, We will also transmit that personal data directly to another entity on your request.
- Right to object
For the processing of your personal data based on our or a third party’s legitimate interests, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data. By objecting to the processing, We will no longer process your Personal data, unless We demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Right of access
You may always withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data where consent is the lawful basis of processing. In addition you can opt out of receiving email marketing communications by following the opt-out instructions provided to you in those emails or going to https://superfanclub.com/profile.
Limitations may apply to the rights above, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete personal data which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping.
To exercise your rights, please contact Us using the details provided below in section 13. Please note that if we may ask you for proof of your identity.
If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please get in touch with Us and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).
- Contacting Us
Last Updated: 17 September 2018